W.Va. hospital workers authorize strike
Union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital are prepared to strike if contract negotiators can't resolve health care, pension and other issues.
Members of the Service Employees International Union District 1199 authorized a strike in voting conducted Monday and Tuesday.
Cabell Huntington said it received a 10-day strike notice from the union Wednesday morning.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- Debate Over Consolidation's Effect On Cost Rages On
- How Educated Nurses Save Money