W.Va. hospital workers authorize strike
Union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital are prepared to strike if contract negotiators can't resolve health care, pension and other issues.
Members of the Service Employees International Union District 1199 authorized a strike in voting conducted Monday and Tuesday.
Cabell Huntington said it received a 10-day strike notice from the union Wednesday morning.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers