W.Va. hospital workers authorize strike
Union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital are prepared to strike if contract negotiators can't resolve health care, pension and other issues.
Members of the Service Employees International Union District 1199 authorized a strike in voting conducted Monday and Tuesday.
Cabell Huntington said it received a 10-day strike notice from the union Wednesday morning.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- AMCs React to Being Shut Out of Some Exchange Plans
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Q&A: Ardis Dee Hoven 'Optimistic' SGR Will Be Repealed
- MUCking Around for New Quality Measures