W.Va. hospital workers authorize strike
Union workers at Cabell Huntington Hospital are prepared to strike if contract negotiators can't resolve health care, pension and other issues.
Members of the Service Employees International Union District 1199 authorized a strike in voting conducted Monday and Tuesday.
Cabell Huntington said it received a 10-day strike notice from the union Wednesday morning.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013