Hospital exec ends 3,100-mile fundraiser bike ride
A Chicago health care executive has finished a cross-country bike ride to raise funds for an addition to his hospital.
Steve Koch raised more than $300,000 on the 3,100-mile ride from San Diego, Calif. to St. Augustine, Fla. He and his son started Sept. 6 and crossed the finish line on Sunday.
Koch is chairman of Sinai Health System, which serves a high population of uninsured or under-insured patients. The money he raised is going toward a new ambulatory care center at Mount Sinai Hospital on Chicago's West Side.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results