Hospital exec ends 3,100-mile fundraiser bike ride
A Chicago health care executive has finished a cross-country bike ride to raise funds for an addition to his hospital.
Steve Koch raised more than $300,000 on the 3,100-mile ride from San Diego, Calif. to St. Augustine, Fla. He and his son started Sept. 6 and crossed the finish line on Sunday.
Koch is chairman of Sinai Health System, which serves a high population of uninsured or under-insured patients. The money he raised is going toward a new ambulatory care center at Mount Sinai Hospital on Chicago's West Side.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare