Hospital exec ends 3,100-mile fundraiser bike ride
A Chicago health care executive has finished a cross-country bike ride to raise funds for an addition to his hospital.
Steve Koch raised more than $300,000 on the 3,100-mile ride from San Diego, Calif. to St. Augustine, Fla. He and his son started Sept. 6 and crossed the finish line on Sunday.
Koch is chairman of Sinai Health System, which serves a high population of uninsured or under-insured patients. The money he raised is going toward a new ambulatory care center at Mount Sinai Hospital on Chicago's West Side.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers