Hospital exec ends 3,100-mile fundraiser bike ride
A Chicago health care executive has finished a cross-country bike ride to raise funds for an addition to his hospital.
Steve Koch raised more than $300,000 on the 3,100-mile ride from San Diego, Calif. to St. Augustine, Fla. He and his son started Sept. 6 and crossed the finish line on Sunday.
Koch is chairman of Sinai Health System, which serves a high population of uninsured or under-insured patients. The money he raised is going toward a new ambulatory care center at Mount Sinai Hospital on Chicago's West Side.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare