Hospital exec ends 3,100-mile fundraiser bike ride
A Chicago health care executive has finished a cross-country bike ride to raise funds for an addition to his hospital.
Steve Koch raised more than $300,000 on the 3,100-mile ride from San Diego, Calif. to St. Augustine, Fla. He and his son started Sept. 6 and crossed the finish line on Sunday.
Koch is chairman of Sinai Health System, which serves a high population of uninsured or under-insured patients. The money he raised is going toward a new ambulatory care center at Mount Sinai Hospital on Chicago's West Side.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Hospitals Profit On Bloodstream Infections
- Less Blood Testing for Some Surgeries Safe, Cost Effective
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Lower ED Margins Demand a Better Strategy
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions