Jackson Memorial (FL) struggles to find out which services make money
When Jackson Health System leaders held a retreat recently to discuss how to boost more profitable services, they faced one overwhelming challenge: They don't know which procedures make money.
"This is a huge problem,'' says Ted Shaw, who has been serving as the interim chief financial officer.
Experts say well-run hospitals -- for-profit and nonprofit -- have long known exact details on costs and revenue for each service they provide.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers