Gunman kills himself inside Palm Bay (FL) Hospital
A fired employee with a history of mental illness walked into Palm Bay Hospital Thursday afternoon to say goodbye to his former co-workers, then shot himself to death, police said.
John Jack, 39, of Melbourne, had been threatening suicide since February and had been involuntarily committed for psychiatric observation sometime before that under the state's Baker Act, Palm Bay police spokesman Yvonne Martinez said. He texted friends a goodbye message on the way to the hospital, she said.
"He appeared to be on a mission," Martinez said.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- In NY, a heart surgery factory with 'obscene levels' of pay