Gunman kills himself inside Palm Bay (FL) Hospital
A fired employee with a history of mental illness walked into Palm Bay Hospital Thursday afternoon to say goodbye to his former co-workers, then shot himself to death, police said.
John Jack, 39, of Melbourne, had been threatening suicide since February and had been involuntarily committed for psychiatric observation sometime before that under the state's Baker Act, Palm Bay police spokesman Yvonne Martinez said. He texted friends a goodbye message on the way to the hospital, she said.
"He appeared to be on a mission," Martinez said.
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans