Police arrest doctor in murder-for-hire scheme
A 48-year-old physician is in jail facing charges of soliciting to commit murder and violating a temporary restraining order.
Honolulu police arrested the Wahiawa doctor after a patient reported that the doctor approached him to kill the mother of his son. The patient contacted the woman and called authorities.The police report, which was filed on Saturday morning, indicated that the doctor was having financial problems and he told the patient that he wanted the woman killed. The doctor offered to compensate the patient if he helped him, police said.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says