Police arrest doctor in murder-for-hire scheme
A 48-year-old physician is in jail facing charges of soliciting to commit murder and violating a temporary restraining order.
Honolulu police arrested the Wahiawa doctor after a patient reported that the doctor approached him to kill the mother of his son. The patient contacted the woman and called authorities.The police report, which was filed on Saturday morning, indicated that the doctor was having financial problems and he told the patient that he wanted the woman killed. The doctor offered to compensate the patient if he helped him, police said.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers