Police arrest doctor in murder-for-hire scheme
A 48-year-old physician is in jail facing charges of soliciting to commit murder and violating a temporary restraining order.
Honolulu police arrested the Wahiawa doctor after a patient reported that the doctor approached him to kill the mother of his son. The patient contacted the woman and called authorities.The police report, which was filed on Saturday morning, indicated that the doctor was having financial problems and he told the patient that he wanted the woman killed. The doctor offered to compensate the patient if he helped him, police said.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations