EMMC (ME) nurses to strike Nov. 22, citing failed talks
Dissatisfied with stalemated contract negotiations, unionized nurses at Eastern Maine Medical Center have planned a one-day strike to take place on Monday, Nov. 22.
The date of the strike was decided at a meeting of the nurses on Monday night. Nurses will hand-deliver the required 10-day notification to strike to EMMC officials this morning, according to nurse Judy Brown, president of the Maine State Nurses Association at EMMC.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers