Technology to promote a healthier workforce
It's open enrollment time, and employers across the U.S. are having their workers sign up for next year's healthcare benefits. This is also the time of year many employers remind their workforces that behavioral changes can positively impact health and wellness, not to mention productivity and medical expenses. Technology is aiding employee behavioral changes at some companies.
Virgin HealthMiles, a unit of Virgin Group, which also operates Virgin Atlantic Airlines offers an incentive platform that helps employers track how workers are doing in their efforts of getting or staying healthy. The web-based, software-as-a-service platform includes social networking, reporting and management tools, said Sean Forbes, president of Virgin HealthMiles.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives