Washington Hospital Center nurses to strike (DC)
Nurses at Washington Hospital Center will stage a one-day work stoppage later this month, their union announced Thursday. National Nurses United sent a letter to hospital management earlier in the day giving formal notice of the planned strike.
The nurses' walkout will begin at 7 a.m. on Nov. 24 -- Thanksgiving Eve -- and extend until 6:59 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Washington Hospital Center, part of Columbia, Md.-based MedStar Health, is the largest civilian hospital in the region.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor