Washington Hospital Center nurses to strike (DC)
Nurses at Washington Hospital Center will stage a one-day work stoppage later this month, their union announced Thursday. National Nurses United sent a letter to hospital management earlier in the day giving formal notice of the planned strike.
The nurses' walkout will begin at 7 a.m. on Nov. 24 -- Thanksgiving Eve -- and extend until 6:59 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Washington Hospital Center, part of Columbia, Md.-based MedStar Health, is the largest civilian hospital in the region.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians