Washington Hospital Center nurses to strike (DC)
Nurses at Washington Hospital Center will stage a one-day work stoppage later this month, their union announced Thursday. National Nurses United sent a letter to hospital management earlier in the day giving formal notice of the planned strike.
The nurses' walkout will begin at 7 a.m. on Nov. 24 -- Thanksgiving Eve -- and extend until 6:59 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Washington Hospital Center, part of Columbia, Md.-based MedStar Health, is the largest civilian hospital in the region.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion