Washington Hospital Center nurses to strike (DC)
Nurses at Washington Hospital Center will stage a one-day work stoppage later this month, their union announced Thursday. National Nurses United sent a letter to hospital management earlier in the day giving formal notice of the planned strike.
The nurses' walkout will begin at 7 a.m. on Nov. 24 -- Thanksgiving Eve -- and extend until 6:59 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Washington Hospital Center, part of Columbia, Md.-based MedStar Health, is the largest civilian hospital in the region.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream