US Supreme Court rejects appeal of RI hospital CEO
The U.S. Supreme Court won't hear the appeal of a former hospital executive from Providence convicted of corruption.
The high court announced Monday that it would not take up the case of Robert Urciuoli (Uhr-see-OLE'-ee), the former president and CEO of Roger Williams Medical Center.
Urciuoli was convicted of paying a state senator to do the hospital's bidding at the Statehouse, and a federal appeals court this year upheld the jury's verdict.
Urciuoli is serving a three-year prison sentence in Florida.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014