Nonprofit launches electronic health records safety tracker
Insurance companies and the Food & Drug Administration plan to use information collected on the system, called EHRevent, to develop educational literature regarding patient safety and EHRs.
Malpractice insurance companies, also known as professional liability carriers, are among the "strongest supporters" of the EHRevent system, according to iHealth Alliance.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer