Expansion plan to keep Mount Vernon (NY) Hospital open
The city's largest employer and only hospital has gotten a new lease on life with a state grant and an extensive reorganization — but 20 doctors and 27 nurses will be among the roughly 100 layoffs that are part of the restructuring.
Touting the "New" Mount Vernon Hospital, city and hospital officials Tuesday unveiled the plans they expect will keep the hospital open and limit the job losses that had been feared, including a new emergency room, an assisted-living center and expanded outpatient clinics.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care