Expansion plan to keep Mount Vernon (NY) Hospital open
The city's largest employer and only hospital has gotten a new lease on life with a state grant and an extensive reorganization — but 20 doctors and 27 nurses will be among the roughly 100 layoffs that are part of the restructuring.
Touting the "New" Mount Vernon Hospital, city and hospital officials Tuesday unveiled the plans they expect will keep the hospital open and limit the job losses that had been feared, including a new emergency room, an assisted-living center and expanded outpatient clinics.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare