Expansion plan to keep Mount Vernon (NY) Hospital open
The city's largest employer and only hospital has gotten a new lease on life with a state grant and an extensive reorganization — but 20 doctors and 27 nurses will be among the roughly 100 layoffs that are part of the restructuring.
Touting the "New" Mount Vernon Hospital, city and hospital officials Tuesday unveiled the plans they expect will keep the hospital open and limit the job losses that had been feared, including a new emergency room, an assisted-living center and expanded outpatient clinics.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement