State board approves Spring Hill ER
A state board voted 4-3 on Wednesday to approve plans for an emergency room department to be run in Spring Hill by Centennial Medical Center.
It makes the third time the Health Services Development Agency granted a certificate of need to HCA TriStar for a facility in the city where it originally planned to build a 56-bed hospital. HCA's TriStar division owns Centennial.
This time around, at least one of the project's longtime opponents has given up the fight.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program