State board approves Spring Hill ER
A state board voted 4-3 on Wednesday to approve plans for an emergency room department to be run in Spring Hill by Centennial Medical Center.
It makes the third time the Health Services Development Agency granted a certificate of need to HCA TriStar for a facility in the city where it originally planned to build a 56-bed hospital. HCA's TriStar division owns Centennial.
This time around, at least one of the project's longtime opponents has given up the fight.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers