State board approves Spring Hill ER
A state board voted 4-3 on Wednesday to approve plans for an emergency room department to be run in Spring Hill by Centennial Medical Center.
It makes the third time the Health Services Development Agency granted a certificate of need to HCA TriStar for a facility in the city where it originally planned to build a 56-bed hospital. HCA's TriStar division owns Centennial.
This time around, at least one of the project's longtime opponents has given up the fight.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- Strategically, Physicians Make Room for RNs