Investigators probe death of Condell Medical Center worker
As federal safety inspectors investigated how a Prospect Heights man was crushed to death by falling lead-lined drywall at the Libertyville hospital where he worked, family members on Thursday were making arrangements for services in the northwest suburbs and burial in his native Poland.
Raymond Zalewa, 26, died Tuesday evening at Advocate Condell Medical Center, where he worked in the environmental services department, said hospital spokesman Vincent Pierri.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs