Donated human liver survives plane crash, is successfully transplanted
A donated liver survived a fiery plane crash in England on Friday and was successfully transplanted into its needy recipient after rescuers rushed the organ to a nearby hospital, officials said Saturday.
A private two-seater jet traveling from Belfast, Ireland, to Birmingham, England, crashed after clipping an antenna on the ground during a landing in heavy fog at Birmingham Airport around 3:30 p.m. Friday and burst into flames as it skidded across the runway area, The Associated Press reported.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health