St. Paul Heart Clinic (MN) to dissolve on Jan. 1 into hospital groups
With a wave to the economics of present-day health care, the St. Paul Heart Clinic will go out of business on Jan. 1 when its 31 cardiologists join the Allina and Health East hospital systems.
Clinics integrating with hospitals has become common as federal reimbursement procedures have become more cumbersome for standalone cardiology groups.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians