Federal program expands assistance to health care professionals
Baltimore native Dr. Sherell Mason knew she wanted to return to her hometown to provide community medical care, but the scholarship and loan repayment she received through the National Health Service Corps made that decision a lot easier.
Now, more medical, dental and mental health care professionals will be able to take advantage of financial assistance through the federal program, thanks to an infusion of $290 million through the Affordable Care Act, announced Monday in West Baltimore.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money