Federal program expands assistance to health care professionals
Baltimore native Dr. Sherell Mason knew she wanted to return to her hometown to provide community medical care, but the scholarship and loan repayment she received through the National Health Service Corps made that decision a lot easier.
Now, more medical, dental and mental health care professionals will be able to take advantage of financial assistance through the federal program, thanks to an infusion of $290 million through the Affordable Care Act, announced Monday in West Baltimore.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Washington, Wall Street Gauge HIX Performance as Open Enrollment Nears