NJ Hospital due for a $12M infusion
The future owners of Meadowlands Hospital are planning $12 million in upgrades and new equipment plus an infusion of patients to resuscitate the Secaucus hospital, which lost millions of dollars in recent years.
The sale, with approval from the state attorney general and the health commissioner, is expected to be finalized in state Superior Court in Hudson County at a hearing scheduled for Wednesday. It would add a fifth hospital in New Jersey operated by a for-profit company.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing