A nephrologist and patient
Dr. Julian L. Seifter, 61, a nephrologist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and a Harvard Medical School professor, specializes in treating patients who have chronic kidney disease.
We spoke at his Harvard office for three hours about his new book, “After the Diagnosis: Transcending Chronic Illness,” which was written with his wife, Betsy Seifter. It’s about living with diabetes, heart disease, lupus, even AIDS. An edited version of that conversation and subsequent e-mails follows.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions