VA pilots digital medical record retrieval
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has announced that it will work with a private contractor to speed claims decisions and significantly reduce the average time needed to obtain medical records from private physicians.
The department updated veterans on the progress of the VA Claims Transformation Plan on Monday, noting that one of the pilot projects it's conducting can significantly improve the efficiency of the claims processing system as well as help the department to meet its goal of processing all claims within 125 days and with 98% accuracy by 2015.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers