IU transplant surgeon dies in Michigan interstate crash
A crash on I-94 in Jackson County at the height of Sunday's winter storm killed Dr. Mark Pescovitz, the husband of University of Michigan Health System CEO Ora Hirsch Pescovitz, the Indianapolis Star reported.
Mark Pescovitz was an organ transplant surgeon, a professor of surgery and of microbiology and immunology and vice chairman for research in the Department of Surgery at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, the newspaper said.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers