IU transplant surgeon dies in Michigan interstate crash
A crash on I-94 in Jackson County at the height of Sunday's winter storm killed Dr. Mark Pescovitz, the husband of University of Michigan Health System CEO Ora Hirsch Pescovitz, the Indianapolis Star reported.
Mark Pescovitz was an organ transplant surgeon, a professor of surgery and of microbiology and immunology and vice chairman for research in the Department of Surgery at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, the newspaper said.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care