More union drama for Nashville hospital companies
Nurses at a Pennsylvania hospital owned by Community Health Systems Inc. are planning a one-day strike next week to protest what local unions call “bad faith bargaining” by the Franklin-based hospital giant.
The Wyoming Valley Nurses Association and the Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals notified CHS over the weekend of its plan to strike on Dec. 23. According to the unions, nurses at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital have been working without a contract there for more than a
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts