More union drama for Nashville hospital companies
Nurses at a Pennsylvania hospital owned by Community Health Systems Inc. are planning a one-day strike next week to protest what local unions call “bad faith bargaining” by the Franklin-based hospital giant.
The Wyoming Valley Nurses Association and the Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals notified CHS over the weekend of its plan to strike on Dec. 23. According to the unions, nurses at Wilkes-Barre General Hospital have been working without a contract there for more than a
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers