Missouri secretive, lax on doctor discipline
A 5-year-old girl needed surgery to fix a muscle in her left eye.
But Dr. David E. Braverman mistakenly operated on her right eye. And then he tried to cover up his error.
He told her mother that the right eye was bleeding and also needed surgery. She consented. The girl had to be put under anesthesia again. A breathing tube was reinserted. Braverman went back in to do the intended procedure on the left eye.
Later, Braverman altered the girl's charts to justify both surgeries.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- AMCs React to Being Shut Out of Some Exchange Plans