Community Health Systems offer spurned
Community Health Systems Inc. chief executive Wayne T. Smith's unsolicited bid for rival Tenet Healthcare Corp. sparked surprise in the hospital industry, but also something else: deja vu.
Mr. Smith used a similarly aggressive approach three years ago when he swooped in on the last day before a deadline to grab Triad Hospitals Inc. away from a private-equity consortium. Mr. Smith's surprise $5.1 billion bid unraveled the existing deal with the private-equity firms, which were allied with Triad's then-CEO.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse