Seattle-area nonprofit hospitals execs well paid
A survey of nonprofit hospitals in the Puget Sound area found that 19 top executives and doctors earned more than $1 million in 2008.
Public radio station KUOW in Seattle reported Monday that another 59 employees at the hospitals earned at least $500,000 that year.
KUOW said it focused on 2008 because not all of the nonprofit groups have filed information reports with the IRS for 2009. It looked at 16 hospital organizations with annual revenue of $250 million or more.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says