Seattle-area nonprofit hospitals execs well paid
A survey of nonprofit hospitals in the Puget Sound area found that 19 top executives and doctors earned more than $1 million in 2008.
Public radio station KUOW in Seattle reported Monday that another 59 employees at the hospitals earned at least $500,000 that year.
KUOW said it focused on 2008 because not all of the nonprofit groups have filed information reports with the IRS for 2009. It looked at 16 hospital organizations with annual revenue of $250 million or more.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised