Seattle-area nonprofit hospitals execs well paid
A survey of nonprofit hospitals in the Puget Sound area found that 19 top executives and doctors earned more than $1 million in 2008.
Public radio station KUOW in Seattle reported Monday that another 59 employees at the hospitals earned at least $500,000 that year.
KUOW said it focused on 2008 because not all of the nonprofit groups have filed information reports with the IRS for 2009. It looked at 16 hospital organizations with annual revenue of $250 million or more.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments