Doctors Medical Center (CA) CEO steps down
The CEO of Doctors Medical Center in San Pablo abruptly stepped down from his position last week after his annual evaluation by the district board.
Joseph Stewart had been president and CEO of the hospital for three years as it struggled to return to financial health after filing for bankruptcy. He had been interim CEO for a year before taking the permanent position.
The West Contra Costa Healthcare District board met privately Jan. 7 to conduct its annual evaluation of Stewart. Details about what took place were not disclosed, but a knowledgable source said the board discussed performance and communication issues with Stewart.
When the board emerged from its closed-door session, it announced that Stewart would step down immediately.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told