Doctors Medical Center (CA) CEO steps down
The CEO of Doctors Medical Center in San Pablo abruptly stepped down from his position last week after his annual evaluation by the district board.
Joseph Stewart had been president and CEO of the hospital for three years as it struggled to return to financial health after filing for bankruptcy. He had been interim CEO for a year before taking the permanent position.
The West Contra Costa Healthcare District board met privately Jan. 7 to conduct its annual evaluation of Stewart. Details about what took place were not disclosed, but a knowledgable source said the board discussed performance and communication issues with Stewart.
When the board emerged from its closed-door session, it announced that Stewart would step down immediately.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic