GW medical group (DC) looks to add up to 450 doctors
GW Medical Faculty Associates is joining the rush to scoop up independent physician practices in a big way, aiming to add 450 doctors in five years.
A nonprofit organization independent of George Washington University and its hospital, GW Medical Faculty Associates is negotiating with about 15 smaller group practices, ranging from three to more than 100 members, said CEO Stephen Badger. Deals could be imminent, and a real estate leasing and buying surge will accompany the personnel expansion. It currently has 550 doctors.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition