GW medical group (DC) looks to add up to 450 doctors
GW Medical Faculty Associates is joining the rush to scoop up independent physician practices in a big way, aiming to add 450 doctors in five years.
A nonprofit organization independent of George Washington University and its hospital, GW Medical Faculty Associates is negotiating with about 15 smaller group practices, ranging from three to more than 100 members, said CEO Stephen Badger. Deals could be imminent, and a real estate leasing and buying surge will accompany the personnel expansion. It currently has 550 doctors.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014