GW medical group (DC) looks to add up to 450 doctors
GW Medical Faculty Associates is joining the rush to scoop up independent physician practices in a big way, aiming to add 450 doctors in five years.
A nonprofit organization independent of George Washington University and its hospital, GW Medical Faculty Associates is negotiating with about 15 smaller group practices, ranging from three to more than 100 members, said CEO Stephen Badger. Deals could be imminent, and a real estate leasing and buying surge will accompany the personnel expansion. It currently has 550 doctors.
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013