GW medical group (DC) looks to add up to 450 doctors
GW Medical Faculty Associates is joining the rush to scoop up independent physician practices in a big way, aiming to add 450 doctors in five years.
A nonprofit organization independent of George Washington University and its hospital, GW Medical Faculty Associates is negotiating with about 15 smaller group practices, ranging from three to more than 100 members, said CEO Stephen Badger. Deals could be imminent, and a real estate leasing and buying surge will accompany the personnel expansion. It currently has 550 doctors.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay