GW medical group (DC) looks to add up to 450 doctors
GW Medical Faculty Associates is joining the rush to scoop up independent physician practices in a big way, aiming to add 450 doctors in five years.
A nonprofit organization independent of George Washington University and its hospital, GW Medical Faculty Associates is negotiating with about 15 smaller group practices, ranging from three to more than 100 members, said CEO Stephen Badger. Deals could be imminent, and a real estate leasing and buying surge will accompany the personnel expansion. It currently has 550 doctors.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December