Columbia St. Mary's CEO to take position with parent Ascension Health
Leo Brideau, the president/CEO of Columbia St. Mary's Health System since 2001, has accepted a senior position at Ascension Health, the country's largest Catholic health system and the parent of Columbia St. Mary's. He will be replaced by Mark Taylor, the president/CEO of Genesys Health System, based in Grand Blanc, MI and also part of Ascension Health, on Feb. 15. Taylor, 59, will be the third new CEO of a healthcare system in the Milwaukee area in the past two years. Peggy Troy became CEO of Children's Hospital and Health System two years ago and Susan Edwards became CEO of ProHealth Care last fall. The Medical College of Wisconsin, which employs about 1,200 doctors, also has had a new president since last summer and has begun a search for a new dean.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal