Northeast hospital ponders sale, merger
Northeast Hospital Corp. in Beverly, MA is exploring a merger or sale to a larger healthcare system, a move that would accelerate a trend toward hospital consolidation in Massachusetts and reshape the health care landscape on the North Shore and Cape Ann. So far, Northeast has talked to two nonprofit hospitals and a pair of for-profit companies. It owns Beverly Hospital, Addison Gilbert Hospital in Gloucester, BayRidge psychiatric hospital in Lynn, and a Danvers outpatient clinic. The company has had preliminary discussions with Lahey Clinic in Burlington, which operates a satellite hospital in Peabody, and the Harvard-affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'