MN nurse accused of theft, infecting patients
St. Cloud Hospital officials have suspended a nurse suspected of giving 23 patients bacterial infections while stealing their pain medication.
Most of the patients were hospitalized in one unit from last October through early March. Hospital officials aren't sure if more people were infected and are asking any former patients who contracted an infection after they left the hospital to contact them.
The nurse was suspended last week after hospital, state and federal officials noticed a number of similar infections and began looking for a cause.
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans