MN nurse accused of theft, infecting patients
St. Cloud Hospital officials have suspended a nurse suspected of giving 23 patients bacterial infections while stealing their pain medication.
Most of the patients were hospitalized in one unit from last October through early March. Hospital officials aren't sure if more people were infected and are asking any former patients who contracted an infection after they left the hospital to contact them.
The nurse was suspended last week after hospital, state and federal officials noticed a number of similar infections and began looking for a cause.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble