MN nurse accused of theft, infecting patients
St. Cloud Hospital officials have suspended a nurse suspected of giving 23 patients bacterial infections while stealing their pain medication.
Most of the patients were hospitalized in one unit from last October through early March. Hospital officials aren't sure if more people were infected and are asking any former patients who contracted an infection after they left the hospital to contact them.
The nurse was suspended last week after hospital, state and federal officials noticed a number of similar infections and began looking for a cause.
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- Medicare to Finally Pay Doctors for Care They Were Giving Away
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- Quality in Ambulatory Surgical Settings Gets a Closer Look
- How Payers Are Curbing Behavioral-Health Cost Drivers
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative