CA emergency surgery groups to merge
Emeryville, CA-based CEP America, which bills itself as one of the nation's largest providers of emergency department management and staffing, is merging with Sutter Emergency Medical Associates. After the merger, more than a quarter of all patients who visit an emergency room in California will be treated by CEP America doctors. Sutter Emergency Medical Associates founded in 1998 and also based in Emeryville, is an emergency department physician group. It holds six emergency department staffing contracts in Northern California. Financial terms of the merger were not disclosed. The parties expect the merger to be finalized on April 1.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus