CA emergency surgery groups to merge
Emeryville, CA-based CEP America, which bills itself as one of the nation's largest providers of emergency department management and staffing, is merging with Sutter Emergency Medical Associates. After the merger, more than a quarter of all patients who visit an emergency room in California will be treated by CEP America doctors. Sutter Emergency Medical Associates founded in 1998 and also based in Emeryville, is an emergency department physician group. It holds six emergency department staffing contracts in Northern California. Financial terms of the merger were not disclosed. The parties expect the merger to be finalized on April 1.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?