AHA raps proposed Medicaid hospital infection reg
In a letter to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Administrator Don Berwick, MD, the American Hospital Association urged CMS to require consistent designations of healthcare-acquired conditions across states and to relax deadlines in the proposed regulation for Medicaid HACs. The association's recommendations include the following: CMS and states should use the Medicare HACs list as the sole source from which the Medicaid HACs may be selected. Lists of HACs that vary from state to state would make it extremely difficult to manage interstate health systems, so AHA "strongly recommends" that CMS and states focus on a core set of conditions for consistency.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Driving Down Claims Denials