Rule to streamline telemedicine credentialing coming soon?
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has transmitted to the Office of Management and Budget a final rule to streamline credentialing processes for physicians and other practitioners providing telemedicine services. OMB review is one of the last steps before a rule is officially published in the Federal Register. The rule will revise conditions of participation for hospitals and critical access hospitals to permit a new credentialing and privileging process for telemedicine practitioners.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees