Hospital CEOs draw top salaries among CA's public workers
Three hospital district CEOs have emerged as among the highest-paid public employees in California, according to a state report, including an official in San Diego County who made more than $1 million in 2009. Palomar Pomerado Hospital District CEO Michael Covert's pay is the highest out of thousands of special-district employees covered so far in a database compiled by State Controller John Chiang. The database now includes compensation figures for all employees of California cities and counties and many of its special districts. But hospital officials and their advocates argue that it's important to put the salaries of the hospital directors in context, given the complexity of their jobs and the fact that they are in great demand in the private sector.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse