LA clinic rapped for alleged release of porn actors' health info
A San Fernando Valley-based clinic that caters to the porn industry is under fire this week after patients' information allegedly appeared on a website. Pornwikileaks.com posted the names, birth dates and stage names of more than 12,000 current and former porn performers earlier this year, information that some say could only have come from the clinic where many performers are tested for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases: the former Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation clinic in Sherman Oaks, now known as AIM Medical Associates P.C. Jeffrey J. Douglas, a lawyer for the clinic, said late Wednesday that officials did not have a statement concerning the allegations but may release one Thursday. Pornwikileaks is registered in the Netherlands. It is unclear who owns the site.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013