Providers could earn incentives from multiple CMS programs
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid has published more answers to frequently answered questions related to the electronic health records incentive program, including the affect of healthcare providers participating in the agency's other reporting incentive programs. CMS has multiple incentive programs ongoing for quality reporting, electronic prescribing and now meaningful use of EHRs. Some providers want to know if they can receive incentive payments from more than one program in which they are participating, according to the agency in an announcement March 30. Some providers want to participate in 2011 in the Physician Quality Reporting System, Electronic Prescribing (eRx) Incentive Program and EHR Incentive Program at the same time and earn incentives for each. The Physician Quality Reporting System incentive can be received regardless of a provider's participation in the other programs, CMS said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers