Court backs WI docs in pay dispute
Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group in Racine, WI violated physicians? contracts in 2008 by retroactively changing doctors? pay halfway through the year, according to a decision filed this month in Racine County Circuit Court. The decision came almost two years after former Wheaton Franciscan-All Saints spine surgeon Branko Prpa, MD, filed a civil suit against All Saints? medical group for the 2008 pay change. Wheaton?s doctors including Prpa began 2008 working under a compensation model where they were paid based mostly on their specialty and prior year net service charges. But Wheaton switched in July 2008 to a compensation model that assigns a dollar amount to every type of office visit or procedure.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care