Court backs WI docs in pay dispute
Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group in Racine, WI violated physicians? contracts in 2008 by retroactively changing doctors? pay halfway through the year, according to a decision filed this month in Racine County Circuit Court. The decision came almost two years after former Wheaton Franciscan-All Saints spine surgeon Branko Prpa, MD, filed a civil suit against All Saints? medical group for the 2008 pay change. Wheaton?s doctors including Prpa began 2008 working under a compensation model where they were paid based mostly on their specialty and prior year net service charges. But Wheaton switched in July 2008 to a compensation model that assigns a dollar amount to every type of office visit or procedure.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending