Ousted CEO's attorney returns fire on WellStar
The attorney for former WellStar CEO Greg Simone, MD, said that certain health system executives have fabricated events and taken others out of context in an effort to smear Simone and divert attention from their own actions. On April 1, WellStar attorney Sharon Morgan of Elarbee, Thompson, Sapp & Wilson sent Simone a four-page letter detailing why WellStar's Board of Trustees fired him on Sept. 2. Simone's attorney, Ben Mathis, responded in a six-page letter dated Friday, warning her that she, as well as those who instigated the April 1 letter, have subjected themselves to a possible lawsuit. In his letter to Morgan, a copy of which was obtained by the Journal, Mathis accuses her of engaging in "a high-tech character assassination" against Simone and Bonnie Wilson, who was also fired last year from her position as executive vice president and general counsel for WellStar.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'