Mostashari recent comments offer snapshot of ONC leadership
Farzad Mostashari, MD, the newly minted national health IT coordinator, recently offered a snapshot of the near-term direction for the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT as he saw it, steady on the current path but aware that "nothing stays still, and certainly not in health IT." As Mostashari takes leadership, ONC is preparing to develop three proposed rules by the end of the year for stage 2 of meaningful use and the accompanying standards and certification criteria for electronic health records. ONC will also propose a governance rule to support the expansion of the nationwide health information network to promote sharing of patient data. ONC is coordinating with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to develop the regulations for the meaningful use of certified EHRs that healthcare providers must fulfill to qualify for Medicare and Medicaid incentive payments. "There's a tremendous amount that needs to be done relatively quickly," Mostashari said at the most recent Health IT Standards Committee.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'