CMS: Let the meaningful use attestation begin
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is making the final preparations to stand up its attestation system today so healthcare providers can verify that they are meaningful users of certified electronic health records. The launch of the online attestation system marks the beginning of the activities that will result in payment under the CMS Medicare EHR Incentive Program for physicians and hospitals that qualify. To receive a Medicare incentive, providers must confirm that they have fulfilled the certified technology and quality objectives for meaningful use. CMS will begin in May to issue payments.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically