CMS: Let the meaningful use attestation begin
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is making the final preparations to stand up its attestation system today so healthcare providers can verify that they are meaningful users of certified electronic health records. The launch of the online attestation system marks the beginning of the activities that will result in payment under the CMS Medicare EHR Incentive Program for physicians and hospitals that qualify. To receive a Medicare incentive, providers must confirm that they have fulfilled the certified technology and quality objectives for meaningful use. CMS will begin in May to issue payments.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals