KY AG says University of Louisville doc groups must release records
Groups representing the University of Louisville's faculty physicians are public agencies whose records are subject to the Kentucky Open Records Act, according to two rulings of the Kentucky Attorney General. The rulings said the U of L doctors' groups violated the open records law in denying requests by The Courier-Journal for copies of their records showing employee salaries, sources of income and expenses. The more significant of two decisions involved the newspaper's request for records of University Physicians Associates, or UPA, which holds a majority of seats on the board of directors of Passport Health Plan ? the embattled health maintenance organization that manages the state Medicaid program in Jefferson and 15 surrounding counties.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care