Mostashari details what's next for ONC
In an interview with iHealthBeat, Farzad Mostashari -- the country's new national coordinator for health IT -- discussed his top priorities, why some healthcare organizations might delay attestation of meaningful use, the importance of engaging patients in health IT efforts and the balancing act required to ensure that Stage 2 of the meaningful use program is ambitious yet achievable. Earlier this month, Mostashari -- who previously served as the deputy national coordinator for programs and policy at the Office of the National Coordinator IT -- was selected by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to become the country's fourth national coordinator for health IT. Mostashari replaced David Blumenthal, who returned to academia after holding the post for about two years.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs