Mostashari details what's next for ONC
In an interview with iHealthBeat, Farzad Mostashari -- the country's new national coordinator for health IT -- discussed his top priorities, why some healthcare organizations might delay attestation of meaningful use, the importance of engaging patients in health IT efforts and the balancing act required to ensure that Stage 2 of the meaningful use program is ambitious yet achievable. Earlier this month, Mostashari -- who previously served as the deputy national coordinator for programs and policy at the Office of the National Coordinator IT -- was selected by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to become the country's fourth national coordinator for health IT. Mostashari replaced David Blumenthal, who returned to academia after holding the post for about two years.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013