HHS Protects Same-Sex Partners' Rights in Hospitals
The federal government has announced guidelines to protect hospital patients' right to choose visitors, including same-sex domestic partners. The guidelines also support the right of patients to designate the person of their choice to make medical decisions on their behalf should they become incapacitated.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013