HHS Protects Same-Sex Partners' Rights in Hospitals
The federal government has announced guidelines to protect hospital patients' right to choose visitors, including same-sex domestic partners. The guidelines also support the right of patients to designate the person of their choice to make medical decisions on their behalf should they become incapacitated.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer