Grady’s new CEO starts
Grady Memorial Hospital's new CEO started Monday. John Haupert comes to Grady from Parkland Health and Hospital system in Dallas, which is also a safety net hospital. While at Parkland, Haupert served as COO. After receiving his appointment at Grady, Haupert said he hopes to improve Grady's financial situation and engage the community more. Haupert also said he would like to improve patient care with several ideas from Parkland, such as a management system to make wait times in the emergency room shorter. "What I hope to be able to do at Grady is make sure we are providing the patients who seek services there with the best possible patient experience, and if we are providing positive experience then the reputation should follow." Nearly two weeks after Haupert's appointment, federal investigators released a survey of a July inspection at Parkland. The inspection found conditions at Parkland that were a serious threat to patient safety.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions