Highmark pharmacies may exclude Walgreens, Target
A plan by Highmark Inc. to streamline its pharmacy network and a contract dispute between Walgreen Co. and Express Scripts, which manages UPMC Health Plan's pharmacy program, could have many Walgreens customers looking for a new pharmacy soon. Beginning in January, Highmark will begin its transition to a new network that will exclude Walgreens and Target pharmacies. The move, initially affecting about 100,000 members of Highmark's small group market, will be completed by Dec. 31, 2013, according to a statement from the insurer.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer