Highmark pharmacies may exclude Walgreens, Target
A plan by Highmark Inc. to streamline its pharmacy network and a contract dispute between Walgreen Co. and Express Scripts, which manages UPMC Health Plan's pharmacy program, could have many Walgreens customers looking for a new pharmacy soon. Beginning in January, Highmark will begin its transition to a new network that will exclude Walgreens and Target pharmacies. The move, initially affecting about 100,000 members of Highmark's small group market, will be completed by Dec. 31, 2013, according to a statement from the insurer.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians