Highmark pharmacies may exclude Walgreens, Target
A plan by Highmark Inc. to streamline its pharmacy network and a contract dispute between Walgreen Co. and Express Scripts, which manages UPMC Health Plan's pharmacy program, could have many Walgreens customers looking for a new pharmacy soon. Beginning in January, Highmark will begin its transition to a new network that will exclude Walgreens and Target pharmacies. The move, initially affecting about 100,000 members of Highmark's small group market, will be completed by Dec. 31, 2013, according to a statement from the insurer.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction