Highmark pharmacies may exclude Walgreens, Target
A plan by Highmark Inc. to streamline its pharmacy network and a contract dispute between Walgreen Co. and Express Scripts, which manages UPMC Health Plan's pharmacy program, could have many Walgreens customers looking for a new pharmacy soon. Beginning in January, Highmark will begin its transition to a new network that will exclude Walgreens and Target pharmacies. The move, initially affecting about 100,000 members of Highmark's small group market, will be completed by Dec. 31, 2013, according to a statement from the insurer.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'