The High-Performing Surgical Program
Surgical services are under increasing pressure to be as clinically and operationally efficient as possible. Given a reimbursement model based on outcomes, not volume, only those surgical services that can deliver state-of the-art care, value, and an outstanding patient experience will survive. Leaders must find new ways of approaching surgical care and strategy, from creating a true surgical team built around the patient, focused on quality, safety, and the most current best practices, to a shared responsibility for the appropriate use of technology.
In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, leading hospital systems -- St. Francis Hospital, Methodist Hospital System, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, and Bassett Healthcare -- share insights and lessons learned that will help you:
- Build whole-team focus on shared outcomes
- Create a culture of safety in all surgical services
- Balance patient experience with cost & clinical efficiency
- Assemble surgical teams with the most efficient mix of skills
- Identify high-growth specialty and sub-specialty services
- Implement clinical and information technology planning strategies to improve throughput and patient experience
To make this report accessible, we've given you two options: You can download the entire rich-media file, or you can access the following sections:
- Introduction: Are Efficiency and Patient Satisfaction Mutually Exclusive?
- Executive Summary: Patient-Focused Surgical Programs
- Case Study 1: Bassett Medical Center
- Case Study 2: The Methodist Hospital
- Case Study 3: The Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Case Study 4: St. Francis Hospital
- Roundtable: The High-Value, Patient-Centered OR
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs brings industry intelligence to life through multimedia-rich case studies that showcase today’s most progressive organizations. Download yours free and:
- Find critical solutions from top executive teams.
- Go behind the trends with interactive charts and graphs.
- Dive into the insights from more than 20 healthcare executives.
- Hear and view their advice in on-demand audio and video clips.
- Download it. Read it now. Share it. Come back to it for ideas and inspiration.
For information on collaboration opportunities email email@example.com or call 978-223-1723.