The Promise of Healthcare Analytics
Healthcare is rich in data. Regulators, researchers, and managers collect multitudes of clinical indicators on patients, procedures, physicians, staff, facilities, and equipment. Indeed, the challenge for healthcare organizations is to make sense of the morass of clinical, financial, and operational information generated each day. IT tools are becoming ever more powerful and hold the promise of true business intelligence and predictive capabilities. Yet healthcare lags in using data analytics to learn about the people it serves and improve its operations and bottom line. Leaders are overcoming structural and cultural hurdles to involve many end users—executives, managers, and clinicians—as well as analysts.
In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, four leading healthcare organizations—Brigham and Women's Hospital, St. Luke's University Health Network, Charleston Area Medical Center, and BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina—share insights and lessons learned that will help you:
- Understand the business and clinical potential for analytics in healthcare
- Assess your starting point for data analytics
- Know the difference between business intelligence and predictive analytics
- Overcome cultural and organizational challenges
- Establish metrics and benchmarks; develop scorecards and dashboards
Multimedia Requirements: Adobe Reader 9 or later, available for free download. (Past Reader versions require an active internet connection to access audios and videos.)
To make this report accessible, we've given you two options: You can download the entire rich-media file, or you can access the following sections:
- Analysis & Introduction: Effective Data Analytics for a Data-rich Industry
- Case Study 1: Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Case Study 2: St. Luke's University Health Network
- Case Study 3: Charleston Area Medical Center
- Case Study 4: BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina
- Roundtable: Analytics in the New Age of Healthcare
- Executive Summary: Pathways to Data Analytics
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs brings industry intelligence to life through multimedia-rich case studies that showcase today’s most progressive organizations. Download yours free and:
- Find critical solutions from top executive teams.
- Go behind the trends with interactive charts and graphs.
- Dive into the insights from more than 20 healthcare executives.
- Hear and view their advice in on-demand audio and video clips.
- Download it. Read it now. Share it. Come back to it for ideas and inspiration.
For information on collaboration opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800/639-7477.