Strategic Solutions for the Readmissions Challenge
The focus of the past few decades of American hospital medicine has been to get patients out of the hospital to reduce the length of stay and the associated costs. But that drive had a harmful side effect: Patients were sicker when they left, and often ended up back in the hospital for the same condition. To successfully prevent readmissions requires many players to fill the gaps in the care continuum that have developed among hospitals, physician practices, community health resources, skilled nursing, and even patients themselves. We'll examine how four leading health systems are moving the needle, and keeping patients out of the hospital if they don't really need to be back there.
In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, leading hospital systems—Griffin Hospital, Parkview Health, Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, and UPMC Hamot—share insights and lessons learned that will help you:
- Improve communication and care coordination beyond the walls of your organization
- Enhance patient education and engagement
- Target disease-specific opportunities to advance the care protocol regimen
- Develop technology solutions to upgrade coordinated care efforts
Multimedia Requirements: Adobe Reader 9 or later, available for free download. (Past Reader versions require an active internet connection to access audios and videos.)
To make this report accessible, we've given you two options: You can download the entire rich-media file, or you can access the following sections:
- Analysis & Introduction: Care Gaps and the Readmission Reduction Challenge
- Case Study 1: Griffin Hospital
- Case Study 2: Parkview Health
- Case Study 3: Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
- Case Study 4: UPMC Hamot
- Roundtable: Preventing Readmissions, Closing Care Gaps
- Executive Summary: Varied Approaches to Reduced Readmissions
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs brings industry intelligence to life through multimedia-rich case studies that showcase today’s most progressive organizations. Download yours free and:
- Find critical solutions from top executive teams.
- Go behind the trends with interactive charts and graphs.
- Dive into the insights from more than 20 healthcare executives.
- Hear and view their advice in on-demand audio and video clips.
- Download it. Read it now. Share it. Come back to it for ideas and inspiration.
For information on collaboration opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-223-1723.