The Fayetteville Observer, August 14, 2013

PINEHURST - A fire during an emergency surgery that caused first- and second-degree burns on a patient's neck and back has put FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital at risk of losing its certification for Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements. On Aug. 1, the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation placed the hospital on immediate jeopardy status after an unannounced investigation into the June fire, a statement from FirstHealth said. According to the findings of the state survey, Moore Regional operating room staff members failed to ensure a patient's health and safety. The hospital was cited for not following established fire safety prevention policies and procedures.

Facebook icon
LinkedIn icon
Twitter icon